Great article about DIY Weddings by C.R.A.F.T
1. DIY Invites
2. Super simple wedding decor: The decor for our love celebration was totally free. I made a simple banner with card stock, and added flowers to mason jars we already had on hand.
3. Unique flower bouquet: This was my high school BFF’s bouquet, Annie. She added pictures of her dad and grandparents so they could walk down the aisle together. Super sweet.
4. Use bridesmaids bouquets as reception centerpieces. This was also Annie’s genius. When the bridesmaids walked in, we plopped our pretty bouquets in a simple glass vase. Instant pretty centerpieces!
5. Here’s a fun tradition Annie and I found on ol’ internet back in the day, and she used the Turkish tradition at her wedding. All of the bridesmaids sign the brides shoe, the last name remaining will be the next to be married. Fun! You can see my purposely placed name on the ball of the shoe, I thought that spot was for sure to be danced away (I was not ready to get married in 2008)!
6. How to save your wedding cards… All you need is foam board, and XACTO, and binder rings!
7. Flower girl box: Clearly, Annie’s wedding was really cute! Annie had 3 flower girls at her wedding, an older one, and 2 littles. Here’s the adorable flower box the older flower girl carried.
8. DIY Thank you cards: Make personalized thank you cards on your computer and have them printed on nice paper at your local printer.
9. How to change your last name (and should you)? It’s a lot trickier and takes a heck of a lot longer than I thought!
10. This is the most important lesson I’ve learned of my wedding attending life. Please read how to write a wedding speech (or any party speech for that matter)!
And there you have it, 10 simple ways to spunk up your wedding. Well, kind of. And not embarrass yourself as the maid of honor, change your last name, organize your wedding cards, and even a fun wedding tradition! Honestly, this is kind of a hodge podge post of wedding cuteness… Maybe that should have been the title?